Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter


Matthew and I spent Easter weekend in Jacksonville, NC with his parents, Linda and Randy and oldest brother, Randy, Jr. On Good Friday Linda and I went to the movies to watch Horton Hears A Who with some of her special education colleagues from the base-school at Camp Lejeune. All of the teachers decided that it would be fun to take some of the special ed kids to the movies. They seemed to really enjoy the night out and all of the popcorn and candy they could eat!

Meanwhile, Matt and Randy, Sr. went to Virginia to a business meeting together and didn't get back until 4 am.

On Saturday, Matt, Randy, Sr., and I went to the commissary on base to pick up all of the food for the Easter Sunday meal. We also picked up steaks to grill that night--mmm! I think Matt and I only eat steak at his parents house, and I've been begging for a grill so we can grill steaks, too. Imagine that--a girl wanting a grill. But man, they were so juicy.

Linda and I went later and got manicures and pedicures. Linda is a very classy woman who always has perfectly manicured nails. I would love for her class to rub off on me, but alas I am a hopeless cause--I merely get the occasional pedicure, and only when I am with her. But it was great fun.

Sunday dinner was great. We all sat down together after church for the traditional Easter dinner of ham, potatoes, fruit salad, crescent rolls, and salad. We had the missionaries from church eating with us, so that added a nice religious tone to the meal. Overall it was a great day to be with family and remember the great sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment