Saturday, February 6, 2010

Halloween 2009

Halloween is my most favorite holiday of the year! I think it might even be more fun than Christmas. And I love handing out candy at church to all of the little kids. This year, though, Matt and I didn't really have costumes planned out. But not to fear--my brother, Josh, and his wife, Molly, (who live across the street from us) decided that we should all dress up together. He and I come from a long tradition of dressing up for Halloween. I remember the year that Josh came back from his mission and we were broke and couldn't buy costumes. So he--since he was in a Spanish-speaking mission--went as "Mexican Josh" and I went as the Bride of Frankenstein. So a little face paint and hair color goes a long way for just a few bucks. But this year he wanted to go as the Mystery Gang from Scooby-Doo. So we scrambled to the local thrift shops to scrounge together an outfit, because I don't believe in spending more than $10 an outfit. So we did OK for not having a lot of time to plan, but I think we can do better in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment