Friday, February 20, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008 started out with Matt and I agreeing to be Mary and Joseph in the Stake's annual Nativity display. This is an even that our church hosts for the community in which people can come and view nativity displays that have been collected from around the world. I believe we had very close to 400 displays this year.



So I know that we look all cute and everything, but those outfits were so hot! Notice how rosy my cheeks are! My outfit was made out of flannel and Matt's was made out some non-breatheable polyester. The poor wise men, who had been posing for nearly two hours, were sweating beads underneath their turbans. But overall, it was a fun thing. I told Matt that I wanted to sign up for the live nativity because it reminded me of the live nativities that I used to have to be a part of when I was a young child. They always made me be Mary, though I don't believe Mary ever had red hair, and I always thought it added something to the holiday season. It seemed to always make me take a closer look at Mary's character and what she might have been thinking at the time of the Savior's birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment