Thursday, February 19, 2009

Halloween 2008

Every year Matt and I go through the diliberation of what to wear for Halloween. Mostly I worry about it, since Halloween is probably more fun than Christmas to me. But this year we decided to go as Woody and Jessie from Toy Story II, since one of my former students said I sort of looked like Jessie.

My mother has made all of my costumes since I was in high school, so she and I rounded up the necessary fabrics, hit the local thrift shops, and threw together two very cost effective costumes. I think we spent $20 on both costumes together.

But the really cool thing is that we moved into a new apartment on Oct. 25th and the apartment complex had a Halloween party. The prize for best costume was $100 off next month's rent. So I mulled it over in my mind for a bit. I thought hanging out with my neighbors at an apartment complex party was lame, but $100 is nothing to joke about. So I talked Matt into going for an hour just to win the contest. No adults today spend money on costumes, and probably not many people would show up, so I guessed that we would win by default. As it turned out, it wasn't a totally bad plan. We did win; our competition was the Ninja Boys, the Pink Lady, and Camouflage Kid. So we got $100 off of our rent and we just moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment