Friday, September 23, 2011

Finally Finalization


Matt and I got the long awaited news this month that finally Zoe is legally ours. It has been a long and rocky 15 months, but the pay-off is finally here. We get to finally bless her in church, though I don't know how anyone blesses a squirmy toddler. We get to finally have her sealed to us, an event that Matt and I have long waited for and have often felt would never happen. And having this hurdle now behind us, the wisdom from the challenge now earned, it makes us wonder about doing it all again. Fifteen months is a long time to get over a lot of things, and the smile of a young child makes you feel that even walking through fire is a just another walk in the park. We are most sure that we will adopt again. There is that nervous uncertainty of what challenges that new child will bring, what heartache will have to be endured to finally know what it means to be family, but we only value that which we have earned through much difficulty. To my little Zoe: Baby you were worth it. And I'd do it all again. I know you were meant to be my child, and being your mother has given me a joy and a satisfaction unlike any I have ever known. Thanks Baby for choosing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment